A 2011 Fall Road Trip, part 2

October 23, 2011

Let me pick up the story of my 9-day odyssey up and down the east coast. First let me mention that I have not forgotten that I have a husband and 3 kids at home, but they seem to be doing just fine. We tend to be an independent bunch, but the occasional text and phone call has continually eased my mind that all is well. Sara went to a concert this week and had a great time, Ev spent time with friends, but his back is hurting again, so we'll have to return to the Dr. before wrestling starts up. Eric is taking in the first days of post-Bishophood with his usual sanguine attitude toward life. I'm sure it's been emotional for him, but he's finding the good parts and keeping busy. Yesterday he helped someone in the ward move, which is exactly how he would choose to spend free time, which I love. I've hardly heard from Johnathan, but I take that as a good thing. 22-year olds actually should be too busy to call mom without a reminder, and he is busy working and being scholarly, yay for him.

After the Sheep and Wool show last weekend I simply savored life with Erin and her family for a few days. Her husband was away on business, so it was just us women and the kids. It was deliciously cozy and comfortable to be there. I love her kids and my heart swelled with happiness each time one of them would snuggle in to let me read them a story or that adorable 18-month old would reach up for me to pick him up. Oh the joy. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without little children around me. Sometimes the fact that I've never grown up is a wonderful thing. Children just feel like my tribe.

Monday I took a few maternity photos for Erin and was grateful yet again for the view I get through my camera. She is truly beautiful, inside and out, and the privilege of trying my best to let the rest of the world see that about the people I photograph is something I hope I never take for granted. 


One of my personal faves from our
photoshoot.

I thought this shot was a total failure, so
I laughed out loud when I saw the binky
in focus. What a deal!

I'm a lucky girl to have such a friend. 




Wednesday night I drove from NY over to Hartford, CT for the last leg of my journey, Stitches East, one of my regular teaching gigs. So, since I have to start packing up, I will save that report for one more post.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.